DevSecOps model was developed and evolved from the agile development model to enhance and improve the software development cycle. DevSecOps services aim to cater for companies with quick delivery of services while following the high standard quality in the development of product/service.
Many large corporations are now adopting DevSecOps services to improvise their development process while aiming to deploy the ideal product to benefit the company as well as the end-user. The ability to deploy applications at a high velocity is called DevSecOps. It includes the combination of tools, practices and cultural philosophies to deliver high-quality products.
If you compare the operations of DevSecOps, it helps in improving the infrastructure proceed at a faster pace, when compared to traditional development patterns. DevSecOps offers a better opportunity for the companies to serve better products and services to their users backed by efficiency and credibility.
Concept of DevSecOps
The term ‘DevSecOps’ was introduced by Patrick Debois in 2009 who quoted DevSecOps as the extension of the agile development environment. The concept works on three major principles: Communication, collaboration and integration. These three principles work in coordination to help the organisations to align IT and development operations simultaneously.
Considering the vast array of opportunities and advantages of DevSecOps, many large organisations including TransformHub are offering numerous associated services transforming the face of agile development.
What makes DevSecOps Better Than Traditional IT Development?
DevSecOps is replacing the conceptual cycle of traditional IT development, which is much clear now. But how does DevSecOps serve better and more sophisticated development solutions? Here’s how:
- In a traditional IT development service, the team of developers work on testing while the operational team works on a load of paperwork. DevSecOps team, on the other hand, work together for better visibility of infrastructure.
- The data centre locations in T development are redundant and might change the direction at any point of development. This generally happens because of a lack of developers’ inputs. DevSecOps developers, on the other hand, are accurate with their information and thus redundancy is professionally taken care of.
- The development and testing teamwork separately and have little knowledge about their progress. DevSecOps team of professionals work together as they execute APM (Application Performance Monitoring) tools.
- Traditional IT development team delays in product deployment due to loads of crashes during the testing procedure. DevSecOps development team fix crashed on time without causing any delay in deployment.
Benefits of DevSecOps for Financial Trading Companies
DevSecOps development is most talked about in the operations of financial trading companies. Not only did DevSecOps revolutionise the development ecosystem of trading companies, but also helped in achieving greater numbers in terms of returns and number of users on the platform. Let’s consider some of the remarkable benefits of DevSecOps for financial trading companies.
- Security Compliance
Security is a significant aspect of business for financial trading companies. Since financial businesses deal with transactions and investments at all times, data security is a major concern for all users. Every little information and data must be protected at every level.
Thus, financial companies are always on a hunt to find the best software application that offers the highest security standards. Technology firms thus develop applications for financial companies under the DevSecOps ecosystem. Security regulation is an important practice during DevSecOps adoption.
- Speed Deliverance
Financial trading companies that have adopted DevSecOps are making progress in terms of faster updates and changes in the respective software application. The failure ratio of software applications is remarkably reduced after DevSecOps was adopted by large companies. In case of any failure, DevSecOps works on faster recovery of financial applications, which is still a concerning discussion under the traditional IT development sector.
The delivery pipeline of applications with DevSecOps practices has improved remarkable opening a new and faster world of features deployment. DevSecOps practices also gave access to multiple features like pull request detection and multi-branch scanning.
DevSecOps have proved its true calibre with cryptocurrency system by tackling the following issues:
- Automated Testing: While developing a crypto-related ecosystem, DevSecOps work on quality assurance automation during the software development. DevSecOps prevent releasing a non-tested code to prevent any huge risk.
- Component Isolation: To reduce the malfeasance in cryptocurrency software, DevSecOps design modular and sensitive systems with unique components. These systems are separated by firewalls so that social-engineering attack on one service does not hamper the other component.
- Storage Redundancy: To develop trading and coin storage systems, storage redundancy is considered by DevSecOps for implementing financial software systems. Since crypto coins are allotted with a unique code. DevSecOps use automated deployments on virtual clouds to prevent any circumstance of losing that unique coin code. The virtual cloud deployment inherits fault tolerance and permanent backups.
- Separate Roles: DevSecOps advise financial firms to deploy different roles to employees so that not one single person is handling all the responsibilities. DevSecOps encourage large financial trading companies to deploy administration work to multiple entities to manage different layers of a software system.
- Reduced Downtime to Zero
DevSecOps work passionately to prevent infrastructure failure to enterprises. The cost of unplanned outages can be really heavy for the financial company. Reducing downtime, thus, is a significant practice of DevSecOps to reduce any failure cost for the trading companies.
Microservice architecture is built by the development team to achieve zero-downtime deployment, which is useful in managing maintenance hassles during the deployment process.
- Cloud Support
Financial services are becoming more decentralised as a result of smartphones. People have grown accustomed to having access to financial goods, services, and advice at all hours of the day and night thanks to fintech smartphone applications.
Cloud-based SaaS solutions maintain the app's availability and enable auto-scaling capabilities to meet surges in demand based on changing client usage patterns.
- Asset valuation & Market Analysis
DevSecOps help in developing unique asset valuation formulas for a larger level of input feeds on a trading platform. DevSecOps integrate business-specific data, formulas and functions so that their client can gain a competitive advantage in the industry.
The successful executive market analysis and insights play a significant role to test the credibility of trading platforms. DevSecOps thus serve as a reliable server-based solution to tackle the primary concern of maintaining the data and insights while troubleshooting cloud deployment and software engineering issues.
DevSecOps also work closely in the deployment of a version control system, which is connected with the CI-CD system for safer maintainability of data analytics. Such systems enable the large trading companies to track non-required versions to shut them down.
- Automated trading
Many trading platforms offer an automated trading solution to the user. For assigning such a task to the computer system, DevSecOps work closely with absolute correctness and faster response to trading incidents, as requested by end-users. To process automated trading smoothly, DevSecOps work on the following priorities:
- Automated load & regression testing: DevSecOps help in updating the trading algorithms at all times while troubleshooting performance problems under a heavy simulated load.
- Immutable Servers: DevSecOps prioritise usage of automated deployment for new copies of servers to control the unprecedented state of production servers. DevSecOps work with tools like Kubernetes with switch-over techniques like blue0green and canary deployments.
There are two types of reliability. On the one hand, implementing DevSecOps for Financial Services guarantees that your apps are up and functioning at all times, with just a few exceptions. If this occurs, your clients will undoubtedly be pleased with your services since they will be available at all times, with no downtime.
Reliability, on the other hand, implies that you have a solid team behind you. An interesting reality is that remote DevSecOps work boosts a worker's productivity.
Speeding up the time to market is a great benefit since you may release new issues in a couple of days, if not seconds, rather than waiting a lengthy period. To achieve these goals, businesses must use the finest DevSecOps methods to shorten their time to market.
Nowadays, the majority of businesses use applications to complete sales and operate more efficiently. As a result, businesses must promptly put such apps to market so that they do not miss out on chances.
Other Use Cases of DevSecOps
Other than financial trading companies, the application of DevSecOps is quite significant and popular in different industrial spectrums. Since DevSecOps help in catching scalable production errors, the applications of the same have proved to be very effective for the car manufacturing industry.
The testing standards for the airline industry have also significantly improved due to DevSecOps efficient development. DevSecOps also helps in increasing coverage of code by 85% in the same vertical.
The banking industry significant witnessed a reduction in bugs with the introduction of DevSecOps. It ensures better quality assistance to banking customers and clients by massively reducing regression testing time.
In the field of technology in general, DevSecOps made remarkable progress by deploying applications faster. The faster deployment of applications serves better functioning of organisations and larger enterprises.
DevSecOps Services by TransformHub
TransformHub uses efficient DevSecOps tools for clients to interact with their end-users from any smart device possible. The professional team of developers in TransformHub adopts effective infrastructure management to enhance operational efficiencies.
Financial services contain a wealth of sensitive consumer information that must be safeguarded at all times. Given how quickly the technology world is evolving, businesses must remember to optimise their cloud experience by applying for the top DevSecOps Benefits. At the time of adhering to cloud best practices and considering the pleasure and experience of consumers.
Integrating DevSecOps with Financial Services may provide your firm with several advantages.
Our DevSecOps teams use a technological stack and tool to try to automate tasks that were previously manual and slow. DevSecOps as a service aids in outperforming the competition, extending lead times, and lowering failure rates.
As a result, we, Asia Pacific's skilled and famous DevSecOps service providers, help businesses ranging from startups to large-scale enterprises improve how their core members provide software and application development and operations.
For additional details on how we can elevate your company’s brand, connect with the specialists at TransformHub at email@example.com
You May Also Like
These Related Stories